Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mischief

What parent hasn't had the sudden realization that it's too quiet in the house, and the kids must be up to something? This illustration depicts an actual act of mischief in which I found my boys happily engaged one summer evening. I was hollering at them and laughing at the same time.


Mud brothers!

I even took pictures.

Michael, at right, (yes, the same kid who wanted to dig to China) and Brice, left. Photos from about 1994.



If those eyes don't say "mischief", nothing does!

9 comments:

Ms Elle said...

FABULOUS! Such a great representation! (And definitely high on my list of mischievous things my kids get into that drive me nuts.)

Бистра said...

I love it! It's absolutely great! :-)

Cin said...

wonderfully done, like very much ! great expressions on the kids !

Ellen said...

Love this work! You did a great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, now it takes a Mum of two boys to know what mischief means! It's Mother's day here now, mischief is a gift for Mums who take life too seriously. Keep that illo forever!

Nauman said...

Nice rendition of a real-life event.

Brendan O'Brien said...

your work is fabulous! I love it. And what great memories you have to work with...congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us...

Ninotchka said...

Oh this is so GREAT. When my oldest was 3, she was playing outside with a couple of the neighborhood boys and I stepped away for a SECOND and came back to find her covered in mud. The boys were climbing our tree and when I asked her what happened, she pointed straight up at them and said "They made me do it!" If was priceless. roflol

Wonderful illo!

esclava said...

great expressions!